11.19.2013

1990s IN FRED BUTLER


Marcelo Krasilcic's  new book entitled "1990s" chronicles the artist's work from the 90's and currently on show at Colette in Paris.  I met the Brazilian born photographer whilst on my year with AsFOUR in his hometown of New York.  Here you can see beautiful Ariel style ADi as a mermaid which Marcelo shot for Dazed and Confusedalongside a self portrait with his mother and another with Bernhard Willhelm.  And fascinatingly for me in the decade I have known Marcelo, I never knew he shot this iconic cover from "Everything But The Girl".  Its a jam-packed double edition book which comes in two volumes held together with a satisfying concealed magnetic force within the hard back covers.  One is vertical and the other landscape format.  A selection of these are the fashion week feature show at Colette with prints hung throughout the store on the way up to the gallery.  

No comments: